The South Coast Correctional Centre at Nowra has been selected for expansion as part of the NSW Government’s $3.8 billion Prison Bed Capacity Program.
The expansion will see the following additions and alterations:
- 160 maximum-security beds;
- 200 minimum-security beds;
- Conversion of an existing 200 minimum-security beds to medium-security;
- Refurbishment and extensions to existing buildings, including visits area, clinic, AVL suites, car park and reception area; and
- New industries building, High Intensity Program Unit (HIPU) and staff amenities building.
Scope of Work:
Hydraulic Services: In ground Sanitary Drainage, Trade Waste and Storm Water System. Elevated Sanitary, Trade Waste and Storm Water System. Potable, Non- potable, Hot and Warm Water System, Gas System, Fit off and testing and Commissioning. Axis Plumbing ACT was engaged to undertake and deliver the Design and Construction of the project.