Occupational Health & Safety
At Axis, our Occupational Health, Safety and Rehabilitation Policy is based on a belief that the well-being of employees , or people affected by our work, is a major priority and must be considered during all work performed on our behalf.
Our belief in safety has led us to employ two full time Group Safety Managers who are responsible for overseeing safety across all levels of the company and are available for all projects from the commencement of planning and development of the site specific OH&S Plan through to the closing out of any non conformances, review and implementation of site specific SWMS and risk assessments, involvement in assessing & implementing updated work practices and rehabilitation of employees.
The objectives of our Safety Policy are:
- To achieve an accident free workplace.
- To make health & safety an integral part of every managerial and supervisory position.
- To ensure health & safety is considered in all planning and work activities.
- To involve our employees in the decision making processes through regular communication, consultation and training.
- To provide a continuous program of education and learning to ensure that our employees work in the safest possible manner.
- To identify and control all potential hazards in the workplace through hazard identification and risk analysis.
- To ensure all potential accident/incidents are controlled and prevented.
- To provide effective injury management and rehabilitation for all employees.
The success of our health and safety management is dependent on:
- Pro-active planning of all work activities with due consideration given to implementing
- OH&S controls for each situation.
- Understanding the total work process and associated OH&S risks.
- Ensuring the work team is totally committed to achieving our objectives.
- Ensuring that open and honest communication exists between management and all